Monday, January 16, 2006

Just My Thoughts...

I was having a major insomnia night on Friday and decided to watch a little TV with the hopes of falling asleep. Well I ended up watching some show like either Dateline or 20 / 20... a news show anyway. They were doing a feature on the "emerging church" it really caught my attention and to be honest SCARED me a lot! It just didn't settle well in my spirit at all. So I pondered it and prayed a bit. Well this morning I was reading a letter from Dave Wilkerson that came in November and I hadn't gotten around to reading yet... I couldn't believe what was covered in this letter... the Emerging Church... (I believe this letter can be read at www.worldchallenge.org (you would select the November 7, 2005 newsletter from the Pulpit Series) He really confirmed my thoughts on all of it... We are so clearly in the end times and Satan is trying so hard to lure away any and all he can. Be so careful! WE MUST BE GROUNDED IN THE WORD DAILY lest we fall into these lies! The sermon the last 2 weeks at church has been about Submission to authority, and what I found so much the theme of the Emerging Church is that they started this whole movement to avoid submission to any authority. Putting Jesus into thier own idea and belief system, claiming they are like the original apostolic church... when in reality the only church I know of that says to rebel and reject authority is the Satan church and other such beliefs as Wicca... HMMMM So I urge all and any who read my ramblings... Get in the Word, Fill your Mind and Heart with Truth, and He will Sustain you and You'll be able to Discern His Truth from the World's Lies... Just thought this was important!
I'll leave you with a passage from Galatians 1:6-12 (New Living Translation)
6I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who in his love and mercy called you to share the eternal life he gives through Christ. You are already following a different way 7that pretends to be the Good News but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who twist and change the truth concerning Christ.
8Let God's curse fall on anyone, including myself, who preaches any other message than the one we told you about. Even if an angel comes from heaven and preaches any other message, let him be forever cursed. 9I will say it again: If anyone preaches any other gospel than the one you welcomed, let God's curse fall upon that person.
10Obviously, I'm not trying to be a people pleaser! No, I am trying to please God. If I were still trying to please people, I would not be Christ's servant.
Pauls Message Comes from Christ 11Dear brothers and sisters, I solemnly assure you that the Good News of salvation which I preach is not based on mere human reasoning or logic. 12For my message came by a direct revelation from Jesus Christ himself. No one else taught me.

4 Comments:

Blogger christy said...

Debbie, I just wanted to let you know, I'm a blogger now and I can leave comments on your blog! woohoo! :) Also, I wanted to say thank you so much for the letter and CD...and for calling to make sure I got home alive and safe! I love you and just wanted you to know that you are one of the greatest women I know! Love ya!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Thanks for your sweet comments Christy. I would have to say I feel the same about you! :) Glad you've got a blog now it's easier to read your stuff... I used to have to go to Rachelle's blog to click on her part that said Christy, it was a 3 step process! I'll have to check your's out now! Love ya!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Haha, glad that I was of use to you for a while! :)

Will I see you tonight at youth?

6:17 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Yes I'm planning to be at youth tonight! Thanks for being my path to Christy :)

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home