Tuesday, January 24, 2006

"He must increase, but I must decrease"

This song pretty much sums up the prayer of my life!
Jeremy Camp "Empty Me"

Holy fire burn away
My desire for anything
That is not of you and is of me
I want more of you
And less of me
Empty me, empty me, fill me
With you, with you

I want so badly to be more consistent in my prayer life and in my passion for Jesus... I get so lazy and my prayers are so dull at times. I can't figure out why I allow that to happen. I've been in the Presence of the Almighty and it's like nothing words can explain... yet still I get caught up in me and sacrifice being in that place. When I'm living for me more than Him, I'm grouchy and a fruitless witness.... but when He is allowed the place in my life He so rightly deserves life is amazing... miracles happen, lives are changed, and there's a peace in my little world that truly does "surpass all my understanding." Every morning I start my day with prayer and the Word, I end each day the same way.... but somehow I know more is necessary to really meet with Him... more than routine. I must die to self and be broken before Him then He can live through me, I guess I have to get to the place where I realize this must happen daily!

8 Comments:

Blogger God Is Love said...

oh my goodness! amazing lyrics!! Thank you so much for being there for me tonight when I really needed to talk with you. I appreciate all you've done for me and I'm glad to be related to such a beautiful woman of God. I love you Auntie Debbie! God Bless and keep you always!
Love ya,
Sherri Marie

8:40 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Your welcome Sherri, hope it helped some.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Thanks for your comment. You are right we really can't be passive. We must be constant about our "Father's Business"

6:53 AM  
Blogger Kyrstin said...

Aunty Debbie,
I love you sooo very much! There has been so much miscommunication in this fam, and its been really hard to understand what anyone is feeling or thinking at times, but i love everyone in this family so strongly! I just wish there were more ways that i could reveal that love. And as for my part in this whole mess:
I definitley DO NOT take the time to actually process things. Like the whole Rebekah deal. But sometimes it feels like im being pulled in two different directions. I KNEW that you were not doing anything to purposley hurt anyone in my family. But my family looked at this in a different way. So i eventually just didn't know what to think. uggg!!! But i believe that God can do ANYTHING, so i know that no matter how "messed" up our family may be at the present time...HE can mold us, and shape us into the loving family He has always wanted us to be! :) Love,
Kyrstin Lee*

7:01 AM  
Blogger christy said...

I love that God desires for us to empty our whole selves before he fills us with his goodness, his blessings...when he just fills us. I really love that about God what he's willing to patiently help us mop up our messes of life and then fill us anew with refreshing water of life.

Can you imagine if God just jumped in at any old time and was like "hey please let me will you?" and we were like " Oh sure God come squeeze in here between lust and my resentment towards my coworker who got paid more last week...or oooh ooh God I think I've got an opening next to jealousy...that should give you a little more vacancy."

But NOPE NOPE NOPE...He wants it all..he wants our whole being...and until we allow ourselves to be emptied, we can not truly be filled.

Wow thanks much for posting that small verse! I loved it!

8:32 PM  
Blogger christy said...

*fill
NOT
will...haha sorry! my grammar sometimes suffers at the hands* of my inability to achieve standardized perfection on a common keyboard.

8:33 PM  
Blogger christy said...

I am deeply shamed. (just kidding)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Christy you're cute about the grammar thing :) and absolutely right about the other comment! I love the way God does it because when it's Him there is no way possible I get the credit within myself... I'm vulnerable to only Him when I truly am surrendered to Him and oH what peace there is in that! Love ya...

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home