Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's My Birthday HMMMM

It's my birthday today and I woke up thinking a bit about life so far. It's amazing all I've had the chance to do and see in these in past ... 35 years! I think I'm a great age! The confusion of the teens are gone, the trying to establish my life of the twenties is gone, and to be honest I like me better now! In some ways life has gotten more complicated but in more ways it's gotten more simple. To anyone who generally reads my blogs, this one may be way to boring so if you must stop now I'll understand... I'm doing this one just for no real reason! This will be I guess like my autobiography! I was born in Massachusetts in 1971 as one of three siblings, by 1982 I was #3 of 6! We moved a lot... Massachusetts, Minnesota, California, Texas, New Hampshire, Maine... I attended 10 schools! I've seen every state in the USA except Alaska, Hawaii, and Washington. I've been to 3 countries besides the USA: Mexico, Canada, and Best of all Israel. I survived the hair and strange boy bands and bad fashion of the 80's. I've had the most awesome privilege of being the mom of 3 amazing kids who I love more than life itself! I have a husband who drives me crazy a lot but life without him would be too sad for words. I've seen many miracles and the Creator of the universe knows me and I know Him! That's the best part of these past 35 years! That's the part that's changed me so much.... I went from school skipping teen to homeschooling mom; I went from being the life of the party teen who hated everything to do with God and Church to being on the youth staff at my church, being part of some very amazing teen's lives! They are all great (and I'm not just saying that because some of them may still be reading my boring jumbled blog). Went from being a single mom with no education really, no car, a 2 bedroom apartment in a pretty scary neighborhood in New Hampshire with no family around at all, no telephone and no real hope of giving them a better life to moving to the coldest place in the world, becoming a nurse, buying a home, getting married, and having 2 phones in my house and 2 cell phones and having a great vehicle! Am I bragging or excited by the material stuff??? NO WAY... just so thrilled by the God I serve! He totally does make "Beauty from Ashes" This is just a little glimpse into my life... If I've put anyone to sleep sorry, wow that's presumptive of me to assume anyone is left reading this :)

4 Comments:

Blogger God Is Love said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNTIE DEBBIE!!! 29 right? hahaha. jus playin! I already knew it was your birthday without you even saying anything. Isn't that awesome? I thought so. Well I hope you have a great day! Love you bunches! God Bless!!
Sherri Marie

2:18 PM  
Blogger christy said...

Happy Birthday Auntie Debbie! I was going to post a comment last night...but decided to wait until the actual day! I love you! happy happy birthday to you. hap happy birthday to you...hap happy birthday to Debbie..happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! (there I just sang to you! enjoy!) Eat lots of cake and be happy! God is awesome!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

happy belated birthday, Debbie!

and I did read all of the post ;)

6:07 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Thanks! I wasn't fishing for recognition! It's appreciated though :)

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home