Sunday, April 16, 2006

Just Some Thoughts & Happy Easter

This past week the Lord has really used my youngest son Chris to teach me some things. For about a week it seemed Chris was only coming to me for things he needed... What's for dinner? Don't forget we have to leave in 10 minutes. Don't forget my shorts for track practice... hmmm... that was such a hard week for me in the sense of Chris is my son who talks to me about everything constantly! We like each others company and generally spend time together.... well by day 5 I was really quite sad, I thought Lord what is up with this? Chris isn't speaking to me, he's home with me but in his room all the time and not spending any time with me.... Well the Lord used this to teach me something... Chris went outside and I followed him, I sat on the porch and tried to make small talk while he skateboarded, I got grunts periodically and not much more. Then he got his bike and started to do laps in the driveway, I got mine and did the same... after a few laps around the driveway Chris and I were talking like we hadn't in days and the closeness was back.... what God showed me is how I've been with Him lately. Sure I pray for the stuff I need and the stuff others need... but have I spent the day just enjoying Him, loving Him, and just being with Him? But oh His love for me... He followed me and pursued me in love just as I did Chris... He didn't beg or force things... and neither did I. Thank you Jesus for your sweet reminders.... Thank you Jesus for Easter.... Happy Easter to all who may read this... Spend time with Him today, not begging for stuff or wanting things... He knows what you NEED, He just wants to enjoy you... He made you for His pleasure.... so sing to Him, dance before Him, Praise Him, Talk with Him! He loves that....

2 Comments:

Blogger Lor & Josh said...

good word debbie! I loved that story and how God used your own son to show you how the Lord pursues you. He is so good. Thanks for reminding me just to enjoy Him. He is so loving to continually pursue us. May Christ's presence bless and fill you this day.

8:32 AM  
Blogger christy said...

I love this!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home