Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I'm having a "I'm not sure what to do with myself today" kind of day!

Today has been one of those days where I've had no idea what to do with the day all day! Kind of frustrating and seems a bit wasteful! I guess I just have no ambition today... maybe I'm tired... maybe lazy... or maybe it's just February in Maine and there really isn't much to do??? Either way it's been a wierd day! Even my dog has gone nuts... she has been barking all day at nothing... just gets a look in her eye and barks like she's gone crazy! I woke up at 5:00 am froma strange nightmare that a man was in my basement... so then the phone rang... wrong number but scared me none the less... then to top it off my dog did her first of the mental breakdown barking thing... so I jump out of bed head to the basement to fight the "man" fortuantely that was a dream that hadn't come true! No man! Then I went back to sleep in the living room for a bit and entered into yet another bizarre dream! I love to dream I have amazingly vivid realistic colorful dreams... but last nights were vivid and colorful but yucky scary nightmares! UGH I really hate those... hmmmm maybe I should avoid those delicious pepperoni pizza bursts late at night! I'm looking foreward to church tonight... at least something of my day will have been useful! I'm sad though my group isn't meeting our facilitator is away... I love the study i'm in "The Bait of Satan" by John Bevere! Amazing study! So perfect in timing for stuff going on in my life! God's great that way... I wish it was about 82 degrees out and really sunny and I could just float around in my kayak on a peaceful lake somewhere and read a great book! Maybe I'll just go finish the laundry and get my kids something to eat before church!

4 Comments:

Blogger christy said...

I love you auntie debbie. Make sure you feed your boys lots of good food...after all they're growing...and fast at that....every time I turn around I see them turning into handsome men of the Lord! You are a blessed woman!

Perhaps having an "I'm not sure what to do with myself today" kind of day is meant as an invitation from God to rest...and joy in time with Him kind of day? :)

8:28 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I fed them good Christy! Thanks for your compliments on them! And I do feel very blessed! Next time I have one of my "I'm not sure what to do with myself today" kind of day, I'll remember it as an invitation to rest and enjoy my Lord! I love you Christy... have a GREAT day!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Brown-eyed Girl said...

Debbie, I think that pepperoni pizza is "satans bait" ...after all it doesnt help the waist line either...believe me I know. That basement story is one true to heart...after all it is my dungeon bedroom too!! I had a bad dream about "war of the worlds" dumb movie don't watch it if you haven't already. I was so scared I couldn't move to turn the light on never mind look with my not so 20/20 vision...I couldn't even breathe!!!! So I know how those nightmares can be...thank God they are just nightmares and wanna be Steven King novels...love ya, Rita

12:01 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I've resisted the pizza bursts ever since and have slept much better! I hated war of the worlds.. UGH Tom Cruise just can't act... if Bruce Willis had been the star the aliens would have been toast in minutes! I started to watch Hangmans Curse a Frank Peretti movie (a christian movie supposedly) that gave me almost nightmares... restless sleep after only watching 25 minutes of the stupid thing!~ I'm way sensitive to movies they play on my mind... so I'm living on the edge if you see a PG movie in my DVD player! Love ya Rita.. thanks for your comments!

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home