Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Young Lady After God's Heart

I remember the first time I met this young lady she was just over a year old and I was 16. I knew that very moment she was pretty special... she made me dream of someday being a mom! That baby has since grown up, but yet still holding the sweetness and pureness and love she had then. There is a presence about her that very few possess. She is madly passionately and totally in love with Jesus, she doesn't have to say that... you just see that when she is around. She sings like an angel and when she does you imagine that Jesus stands as He did when Stephen was martyred. This young lady has dreams in her heart, and they so clearly match her "Daddy's" dreams, so they surely will come true. I watch her and see such hope and possiblity... I enjoy hearing her tell of the new things Jesus has done in her life... not the basic things like a prayer request answered, but the intimacy they just share. She's never been hardened by life or letdowns... she sees the good in others... she wants the best for others... This summer she will be away for a month and I am going to miss her during that time... but as she journals each days events during that month she'll be able to share that months events when she returns. She may come home with yet another song and perhaps she'll share it, though I may not understand the language :).... so to that "Young Lady After God's Heart" I love you very much!

2 Comments:

Blogger christy said...

Debbie.....words can't begin to explain how much this has touched my heart. I love Jesus so much, and it feels like it's taken forever for me to get to a place where the only reason I want to wake up in the morning is to see what He's got in store for me....where He'll send me.

I love that you hold confidence in saying "she'll be away for a month this summer". That gives me encouragement. The Bible says " My heart is confident in you O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises!" (Ps.57:7 NLT)

Love you. You brought tears to my eyes! Be much blessed mi tia bonita(That's spanish for my beautiful aunt!)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Christy you are such a unique person! I've enjoyed watching all that Jesus has done in you over the last 2 years! He has used in my life so many times... and you are so open to whatever He tells you to do and I know He smiles down on you constantly! Also I love the pictures on your blog... I'm so into the sky, I've had to pull over driving just to gaze upon the beauty! Have a Great Day... Love ya lots!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home