Sunday, June 11, 2006

Just Don't Try To Make Sense of It

I've been struggling lately with trying to make sense of the things that go on around me that seem so horrible and sad and yet still know that "All things work together for good..." (I blogged about this in my last blog). A man who was loved by everyone who knew him, a mighty prayer warrior, a funny person who could make you smile no matter what was going on, a friend to everyone, etc. was tragically killed this weekend in a car accident... the news was so impossible to make sense of, the phone call seemed to cause time to stand still for a moment of disbelief. What a test of all we believe at times. How can good possibly come of that??? I can honestly say God has used this tragedy in my life personally to be BOLD with His Word! In the blink of an eye a man was taken to be with Jesus forever... I cried for his wife, his child, his friends, our church family... but not for him. He is forever with Jesus Christ... however, what about our friends and family who if this were them would spend eternity with the last words they hear being "Depart from me I never knew you." I've shared Jesus with friends and loved ones... I've told my testimony, etc. but yesterday as I called a friend I hadn't seen in 4 years... I shared the Word, not my word, not fluff, not the God is Love sermon... but the real truth. I was scared to death to be honest... but that phone call ended with that friend asking me to come to New Hampshire to continue this conversation in person... to quote him directly "Deb, before you go on your Mission to Guatemala, can you come on a mission to New Hampshire." That boldness wasn't there until something welled up in my heart after the passing of Murle... An anger inside that said Enough is Enough... A mighty soldier was taken from this army, so we must be bold and "recruit new soldiers"....

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle said...

Your story about your conversation with your friend in NH totally blessed me.

I will be praying for your missions trip to NH. :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Thanks Rachelle!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Brown-eyed Girl said...

Murle was such an inspiration to all of us...He will be missed so much..but as a result of his death something so powerful has risen up in all of us. Praise God I just have this new sense of HIM (Jesus) I Love HIM so much that words could not describe. I have the desire back in my heart to serve HIM!! Praise God!! Love Rita

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home