Saturday, June 17, 2006

Hmmm Never Imagined This

Wow I just realized in a little over a month I'll be on my way to Guatemala... my first mission trip out of the U.S.A! I'm excited and terrified all in one! Excited because I know God is in it... His voice seemed almost audible when He told me I was to go. But now as the time is getting so close some nervousness is there too. I really have no idea what to expect when I get there... I just want to be where God wants me and I want to accomplish whatever it is He has for me. The funniest part of all this is less than 6 months ago I thought anyone who even considered a mission trip was nuts or playing the role of a martyr. But God has a really unique way of changing our minds! Right after the mission weekend I felt prompted to join the mission board at church (I was so sure it was because of my passion for Israel) so I joined. During that time I also joined a small group at church and the leader of it is someone whose been on a million mission trips and the amazing thing about him is he's not wierd, nuts or any of the things I figured missionaries were... he's cool, fun, funny, a great teacher, and his love for the Lord is contagious... that got me to be open to ponder this whole mission trip idea. Now here I am... getting my Hep A shot and Typhoid pills on Monday! Guatemala here I come... who knows where this will lead... but when I said with Isaiah "Here I am send me" in April of 2002... I meant it and God only knows where that will be! I just pray I'll remain obedient and no matter what I'll go. Even if it means the differnce of a place I never had really even heard of or the place that holds my heart... I'll lay down the place that holds my heart to be obedient to the one who holds my heart! Thank you Jesus for calling me and trusting me with this mission trip... I'm not sure why but I love being where you want me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brown-eyed Girl said...

This is awesome...Praise God for your faithfulness...Ola!!!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Who knows Rita they give us the same name (Deborah); We both have an insatiable desire for travel; and we both want to be wherever God wants us... hmmmm can you say really wild road trip :)

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home