Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Little Hug From God To Me (I Love Those)

When I took my son to his orthodontist appointment a week ago, he had a box of Christian videos in a box that said "help yourself"... so we took a few of the videos and the night before last I was a bit tired and laid down to watch one... so here's what God did for me... I'm going to Guatemala on my first mission trip ever in just under a month... well my favorite singer / songwriter ever is Rich Mullins (he passed away in 1994 in a car accident). I've always said I'd have loved to have met him... I could picture us around a campfire, him with his accoustic guitar and just worshipping our Lord together.... well his mini interview in the video was opened with this "Hey Rich last time I saw you we were in Guatemala" "Yes, I remember that".... then on to a Rich Mullins video of him around a campfire worshipping in Guatemala with the Guatemalan people! I needed that! Corny as it may sound it made somthing in me finally click and a lot of my fear toward going has been replaced with an excitement! God knows how to let us know in such sweet gentle ways... He knows our heart and He loves us so much! I have so many stories like that... so many times that God has given me those little heart's desires that are tucked so deep in me, that only He could possibly ever know about! That's how I know how real He is... He's the God of the Universe and Creator of all, but He finds time for me! That is mind blowing to me... Thank you Jesus for knowing me!

3 Comments:

Blogger christy said...

Praise God! He is so good...and it's amazing how He loves us in special little ways!

5:58 PM  
Blogger God Is Love said...

Oh my gosh! Praise the Lord! Debbie, that is so incredible! I love you so much! :) See you Wednesday!

-Sherri

7:24 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Wow. That is amazing.
God truly loves to give good gifts to His children.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home