Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Teachable Heart No Matter Who is Teaching....

1 Timothy 4:11-13 (New Living Translation)
"11Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them. 12Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 13Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers, and teaching them"

I am so blessed to have so many "Timothys" in my life. Young people with a gift to share wisdom and insight that comes from the very heart of God. This past winter I was in an amazing Bible study and my "teacher" was at least 10 years younger than me and I learned so much from him. Last night I had the chance to talk for a while with my neice and got so much encouragement and insight from her. A couple weeks ago I was hurting over an unkind word spoken to me and another neice spoke life into me and made that word vanish from my heart and mind. Too often the "youth" get looked down on... oh they haven't been there, oh they have no idea... but ya know what is so cool..... it's Jesus living in them and let me tell you He's been there and then some. So Listen to the young Jesus followers... you'll be surprised how much you'll grow! Thanks Christy, Adam, Sherri, and a whole bunch of others too! God bless you all with an amazing day!

2 Comments:

Blogger God Is Love said...

Love You Auntie Debbie! :)

*Want to get together and chat it up sometime??? ~ Give me a ring! :P

Love Ya!
~Sherri

12:40 PM  
Blogger christy said...

thank you for the words of life!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home